NOTICE TO THE PARENTS OF STUDENTS ATTENDING JACKSON COUNTY SCHOOLS
Beginning Monday, February 14, 2022, the Jackson County School System will be conducting hearing, vision, and speech/language screenings for the following students:
1. All Pre-K and Kindergarten students who were not screened during the preschool screening clinics.
2. All students in grades 2, 7 and 12 who do not have a record of a WV HealthCheck screening or other comparable, comprehensive health check screening.
3. All students transferring to the Jackson County School System from an out-of-state school.
4. All foreign exchange students.
5. All students with no record of a previous screening, including transfer students for whom records have not been received within two weeks of enrollment.
6. All students needing re-checks from a previous screening.
The purpose of this screening is to identify those students who may exhibit deficiencies in the above listed areas which may hinder their educational progress. Screenings will be conducted by the school nurses and certified, licensed speech therapists.